What should an accountable officer do when he/she loses a government owned property/asset of his assigned Local Government Agency?

Lost government owned property/asset should be immediately notified by the accountable officer to his office head. A preliminary investigation must be conducted and be properly documented. Thereafter, a request for relief shall be filed with the auditor by the accountable officer within 30 days or of such a longer period as may be allowed by the auditor. (Sec. 151 of COA Cir. No. 92-386)

Scroll to Top